The White Desert was a challenging destination to travel to. It felt scary and it was scary. Eight Mexican tourists had been killed there only months before our trip and the details of their death were still “speculative”. But we survived the trip, so no regrets. The White Desert is a spectacular and otherworldly destination. There’s a very “rural” flavor to the experience though…where Cairo’s city-rules of etiquette don’t apply. Do some research in advance of your trip to find out whether it’s legal to travel there or not, according to the Egyptian government.
- The Crystal Mountain in Egypt (video)
- The White Desert in Egypt Part II (video)
- The White Desert, Egypt: Photo Gallery
- Things to Do in Egypt: Visit the Crystal Mountain in the White Desert (video)
- Places to Visit in Egypt: The White Desert (video)
- Places to Visit in Egypt: The White Desert Part II (video)
- Adventures Beyond the Comfort Zone